In just one week...
Actors are grouped together by age and rotate through acting, art and vocal workshops in preparation for a performance at the end of the week. Counselors guide theatre games and art projects in the spirit of the weekly theme or show. From first time performers to very experienced actors, all performers take part in the show and are encouraged to expand their boundaries and express their creativity in a fun and inclusive atmosphere.
What is a day like?
9-9:30 - Flexible drop-off, unstructured time
9:30-10:10 - Rotation #1 (acting, singing, dancing or art)
10:15-10:30 Break outside
10:35-11:30 - Rotation #2 (rehearsing, arts and crafts or vocal work)
11:35-12:10 - Rotation #3
12:15-1pm - Lunch outside
1:05-1:50 - Small group work or review
1:55-2:30 - Group challenges, games and break out activities
2:30 - Clean up and dismissal
Camp hours vary by location. Performance day may be longer, last day may be shorter
Extended care is available for an additional cost
What to wear/bring/expect
- We move a lot, so wear clothing and shoes comfortable to move in - no flip flops!
- Bring: reusable water bottle and your script (you'll get the first day)
- Campers may bring a lunch OR most of our camps have the option to buy lunch daily.
- We go outside for lunch, recess and sometimes workshop rotations, but there are plenty of shady areas.
- For performances, most costumes are provided though campers may be required to wear certain shoes or undergarments, such as a black leotard or tank top.
Do NOT bring:
- Valuables, toys or electronics
- If you have a phone, it should be turned off during camp
- Foods with peanuts
What are the camp stats?
Our camps are on the small side, from about 20-40 campers total, ranging in age from 1st-8th grade. For most of the day, actors are grouped by age so they spend time in groups of 5-10 of their peers.
Camp is run by camp director Katia McHaney, taught by industry professionals, lead by passionate high school counselors and assisted by awesome counselors in training. Staff to camper ratio varies by camp, but is usually about 1:8
Our week long camps culminate in a performance at the end of the week, which takes place after camp hours on either Thursday or Friday. Parents and friends are welcome!
Counselor in Training Program
Our special Counselor in Training Program is a great option for campers wishing to unleash their creativity. With our impressive facilities and staff, our campers will have an opportunity to develop their talents at Katia & Company. No matter how long they spend at camp, we guarantee a fun and exciting experience for all.
Is it right for me?
Our camps are a fun, friendly atmosphere that encourages creativity and growth and promotes team building and self-esteem. They are great for:
- First time performers who want a fun, low-stress introduction to theatre.
- Experienced performers who enjoy a challenge and want to try a new type of character or style
- Kids who are busy with other activities and can not participate in our productions during the school year
Our week long camps are not recommended for actors who are under age 5 and/or are not used to being in a full-day school setting. But we hope to see you next year!
What are your COVID protocols?
We will adhere to whatever the current guidelines are at the time camp is held.